Thursday, March 20, 2014

Guest Post: I Put the B in Benefits

Boobs McGee here again, talking about one of my favorite topics: Friends With Benefits (FWB), Fuck Buddies, or any other number of euphemisms. Whatever you call it, it’s an awesome relationship that everyone should have at least once in their life.

Here are 5 Benefits of having a FWB

1) Low stress
Your FWB isn’t a boyfriend or a girlfriend. You don’t have to dress up for him or her. You don’t have to take him or her out to dinner or a movie. You don’t have to do anything with your FWB that you don’t want to.

2) Commitment-free

Want variety? Have two or three FWBs. Have too much on your plate? Skip your weekly tryst. You can give your FWB as much or as little time as you want. Feeling horny? Give ‘em a call. Having a bad day? Call ‘em up for some stress relief. Ready for something new? Try out a new FWB.

3) Spontaneity

With a FWB, you don’t have to schedule ANYthing ahead of time. How much or how little time you spend with your FWB only depends on your schedules. Afternoon delight, anyone?

4) Independence

When I first started dating, cuddling was one of those things I daydreamed about. It was a romantic ideal, and supposedly one of the best things about a relationship. After a few long-term relationships, I’ve come to the conclusion that cuddling isn’t for me. No, I love having a big old bed to myself; no one snoring next to me, no one waking me up in the morning, no one draping themselves over me, pulling off the covers or making me too warm, no one keeping me from sleeping smack dab in the middle if I want. Now that’s luxury!

Another upside to having a FWB is that you can plan to do whatever you want without having to ask “permission” or consider someone else’s schedule before committing. If you’re the kind of person who’s busy, a FWB is the perfect partner.

5) Dual Purpose

A FWB is not just someone that you want to spend naked time with, but someone you like to talk to at other times, too. A FWB is quite often a friend first before seeing you naked. I believe that the best FWBs are heavy on the F, in all the best ways!


Image Credit: Friends With Benefits | Screen Gems, Castlerock Entertainment, et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment